February 2, 2011

Busy Bee

If my entire semester is going to be as busy as these past two weeks; it's going to be a long one.
Six classes. Two four hour labs. Nightly/weekend meetings. Work shifts.
By the time I come home I just want to go for a long run- and by then it's usually cold. And dark.

I really just want some of this baked chicken with penne and sun-dried tomatoes; the type of comforting dish I would make at home to enjoy after a long day with my family at the dinner table.































After that settled in my stomach (preferably while I took a hot bubble bath and flipped through some magazines) I would throw on on flannel J Crew jammies, my over-sized and comfy Virgina sweatshirt, and nom on a big slice of my favorite Jewish Apple Cake with a big dollop (or two) of whipped cream. I had never seen our family recipe anywhere, let alone heard of it, until I stumbled upon it at Smitten Kitchen one day- crazy!






















I'd say that would be the perfect solution to my "busy-semester-home-sick-syndrome..." and of course, a nice long run the next morning.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment