July 17, 2010

Granola #2























I know I've already posted a granola recipe on here, but after seeing how pretty my breakfast this morning looked with the fresh batch I made last night I couldn't resist :) Granola really is a perfect staple to have in the house, and the ingredients are so everyday I'm sure that even the non-cook/baker has most of them already in their pantry! And even if they don't, granola really is all about what you like- your interpretation. Don't like almonds? Add hazelnuts! Not a raisin fan, add dried pineapple, dried mango, or anything!

This morning I topped off some of my favorite Fage Greek style yogurt with sliced bananas, granola, and our friend's homemade honey (which, by the way, is to die for...one bite of this honey and it'll turn anyone into a honey fan), the perfect breakfast to get me fueled up for a day at the bakery.

Granola #2

3 cups oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tbs. cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup honey


Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a large sheet pan. Measure out the honey and vegetable oil in a cup, set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, being sure they are thoroughly mixed through before adding in the wet mixture next. Pour the liquid over the dry mixture and incorporate by folding in with a spatula. Spread onto the sheet pan and bake for 20 mixing, stirring once at about the 10 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment